To be viewed along with our standard Terms & Conditions
Controllers of Personal Information
- Approved Food may revise this policy at any time by updating this posting. You should check the Website from time to time to review the then current terms, because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of this policy may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages on the Website.
- Approved Food Ltd. operates websites with the following domains approvedfood.co.uk and approvedfood.biz.
Any personal information provided to or gathered by Approved Food is controlled by Approved Food Ltd.,(the data controllers) at Approved Food, Parkway Close, Sheffield, S9 4WJ, UK Fast acts as data processor on behalf of the data controllers.
What Personal Information About Customers Does Approved Food Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalise and continually improve your shopping experience at Approved Food. We use the information to handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, communicate with you about orders, products, services and promotional offers, update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us, display content such as bargain alerts, favourites, feedback and recommend products that might be of interest to you. We also use this information to improve our store and platform, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
Here are the types of information we gather.
What Information Can I Access?
- Information You Give Us: we receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customising future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: we receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use "cookies" and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses our websites.
- E-mail Communications: to help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Approved Food if your computer supports such capabilities. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Account Details
Approved Food gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with Approved Food for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. This list will change as our website evolves.
Visitors to our websites
When someone visits Approved Food we collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. We collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting any of our websites. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally identifying information from any source. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
Credit card details
We DO NOT STORE
any of your payment / credit card details in our system, all such details are stored with the payment gateway paypal.
page for detailed information including how to Opt Out.
Access to sales information
We will access the information recorded through your past purchases help us improve our service to you and contact you with special offers that are likely to interest you.
For example, if you buy olive oil from us we might send you an email of when we have a simular product or brand.
Other web sites
Your information is stored on our servers located in the United Kingdom. We take reasonable measures to protect your information against unauthorised access or disclosure including physical security, encryption, passwords, etc. However, 3rd parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the site. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
Disclosures of your information
Your information may be passed to and used by all Approved Food Ltd companies. We will never pass your personal data to anyone else, except for any successors in title to our business and suppliers that process data on our behalf. We may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individual customers are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
Sale of Business
In the event that another company acquires all or substantially all of the assets related to Approved Food Limited, Approved Food Limited reserves the right to include any or all stored personal information among the assets transferred to the acquiring company. Such an acquisition we will notify all of our business partners.
If you have any questions or concerns relating to this please contact us